Don’t let the irresponsible and wrongful actions of one destroy the future of your business.
Did you know:
- Employment Practice Liability Insurance Judgments, or EPLI Judgment awards increased almost 3 fold at 275% in recent years.
- Employment Practices Liability issues comprise 30% of all civil litigation in the U.S. Court.
- Age discrimination liability suits are rising more than any other sector of EPL cases.
- According to court verdicts, the employee is deemed right most of the time.
- The Department of Labor cites that, employees and other plaintiffs won almost half or 41% of all jury decided trials and 26% of all non-jury trials.
- Punitive damages being assessed 19% of the time.
The fact is sexual harassment, discrimination, and other employment related suits are on the rise – and they can bankrupt your company. According to national data from Jury Verdict Research®, for smaller companies that do not have Employment Practices Liability Insurance or maintain EPLI, the average cost to defend employment practices law suits are in excess of $100,000 for a single plaintiff and class action suits ranging over $3,000,000.
Therefore, EPLI has been a welcomed policy for companies looking to protect themselves against workplace-liability claims. GovTechTM will work with you to minimize your risk.
GovTechTM EPLI coverage includes:
- Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Hire or Promote
- All Third Party Defense Costs for Employee Suits
In the past several years, employers have become increasing aware of their legal responsibility for an employee’s action. While an employee may be responsible for harassment or discrimination, it is the organization that will be held ultimately responsible.
Are you a Government IT Contractor in need of coverage? Request a quote.